The GSTR 1 form is a return form for the regular taxpayers who have to file details of outward supplies on every 11th of next month for those who cross the turnover more than 1.5 crores annually. The taxpayers who are under the threshold limit to 1.5 crores will have to file quarterly return.
Here, we are going to study the procedure of filing GSTR 1 form, as according to the rules and regulations, every registered taxpayer will have to submit the complete details of sales i.e. outwards supplies in the GSTR-1 form. The time limit for filing up GSTR-1 form is within 11 days from the end of succeeding month for regular taxpayers. The Indian government also released a filing guide of GSTR 1 return form in a PDF format to help taxpayers & small businesses.
39th GST Council Meeting Updates
- GSTR 1 filing for the taxpayers who could not adopt the GST composition scheem under notification No. 2/2019-Central Tax (Rate) dated 07.03.2019 by filing FORM CMP-02 are releived from filing the GSTR 1
- GSTR 1 due dates now extended for the Union territory of Ladakh concerned with the month of July 2019 to January 2020 till 24th March 2020.
- GSTR 1 old return filing system has been extended till September 2020 for all the taxpayers. Read Official Press Release
38th GST Council Meeting Important Update:“A taxpayer who has not filed GSTR 1 since July 2017 to November 2019 will not be penalised if they file GSTR 1 by 17th January 2020 (Read Notification). E-way Bill for taxpayers who have not filed their FORM GSTR-1 for two tax periods shall be
blocked.” Read Press Release & CBIC notification
In the 28th GST council meeting, the FM has revised the eligibility for regular taxpayers i.e. up to 5 crores for quarterly return filing and more than 5 crores for monthly return filing. The government will provide the notification before updating new provision for eligibility.
- Features of GSTR 1 Form
- Who Should File GSTR 1
- GSTR 1 Due Date
- Interest on Late Payment and Charges
- GSTR 1 Common Errors
- GSTR 1 Important Terms
- GST Council Meeting Update
- The Procedure for Filing GSTR 1
- GSTR 1 Filing By Gen GST Software
- General Queries on GSTR 1 Form
According to the latest updates, the GST will include both the Sahaj and Sugam forms, with the regular taxpayer having a turnover up to 5 crores filing every quarter in either ‘SAHAJ’ or ‘SUGAM’ proportionally according to the supplies based on ‘B2C’ or ‘B2B & B2C’ respectively.
While for the regular taxpayers whom turnover is above 5 crores will have to file monthly returns under the new GST return filing procedure of ‘UPLOAD->LOCK->PAY’ which must be paid through challan every month. However, the claims for ITC is still required for the business on a monthly basis for smooth compliance.